Located 25km from Chickmaglur town, nestled in the mountains of the Western ghats is the Bettadamalali Estate. Situated at an altitude of 1125m above sea level Bettadamalali Estate enjoys cool summers and warm winters with a well needed monsoon between June and September.
The coffee from Bettadamalali Estate has been recognized as the finest quality coffee in India by Illy café, Italy for the year 2008-09 during the 6th India Coffee Quality prize for Espresso.
Bettadamalali Estate has also been recognized as the best national as well as the best regional supplier of coffee to Illy Café, Italy.
- Three spacious bedrooms with attached bathrooms with 24 hours hot water supply.
- Round the clock electricity.
- LCD television with satellite connection, DVD player, and a huge collection of English movies (available on demand).
Traditional Malnad food.
Food can also be customized according to your needs.
- Trekking - to locations of your choice around the estate – locations can be decided on spot.
- Boating – a paddle boat (seats 4) and a rowing boat (seats 8) with life saving equipment
- Mountaineering- (with your own equipment.)
- Swimming- (in a lake).
- Games- Indoor- chess, carom, Chinese checker.
- Outdoor- cricket, basket ball, badminton.
Sights and Sounds around Bettadamalali Estate:
- Belur – 40 km
- Halebeddu – 50 km
- Sringeri – 60 km
- Hornadu- 60 km
- Kudremukh National Park- 70 km
- Agumbe- 90 km
- Mulayangiri- 40 km
- Seethalayan giri- 38 km
- Baba Budan giri- 50 km
- Kemangundi- 50 km
- Kalhatgiri falls -
- Muthodi –A Project Tiger Reserve- 20 km
- Kandya and Kudreabi falls – 10 km
How to get to Bettadamalali Estate-
270 km from Bangalore via Hassan.
180 km from Mangalore.
110 km from Mysore
Nearest airport- Bengaluru international airport , Mangalore airport
Nearest Railhead- Birur junction
Buses are available from Kempe Gowda Bus Terminus, Bangalore every hour. (Please check for Volvo and Rajahamsa departure timings from Bangalore).
Trains- day time
- Banglore-Hubli Jan Shatabdi Express (except Tuesday).
- Bangalore –Hubli Intercity Express (Daily).
- Yeshwantpur- Dadar Chalukya Express (except Thursday).
- All passenger trains running towards Hubli, Shimoga and
Directions from Bangalore and Mysore.
From Bangalore- Mekhri Circle – Yeshwanthpur – Nelamangala(left turn) – Hassan – Belur- Chickmagalur – Jakkanahalli- deviation towards Avathi- Bettadamalali Estate.
From Mysore- Chanarayapatna- Hassan- Belur- Chickmagaur- Jakkanahalli- Bettadamalali Estate.